August 25, 2009

Denim and blush and cerulean and beaver and fern and...

Today was the first day of my oral interpretation class. This is one of those classes where you learn how really communicate with others through literature. Or, more easily said...how to read a book, poem, or dramatic piece with feeling. Should be fun.

Our teacher is great and one thing she did that was fun...and fairly unique...was ask what color we would be if we could be any color and why. I found this challenging and wonderful. Because, really when you think about it. Colors, like words, are very descriptive. And, it was much more fun than "if you were a tree..."

Within our group there were a couple of yellows (hello, Jennifer!), some pinks, and primary colors. Then, there were some that needed to mix it up with one person suggesting he was tye-dye. People were brutally honest about their personalities...from the "I just really like to please people" to the "I am red because sometimes you don't want to mess with me." Alrighty then...moving along.

I'll admit that I jumped right in suggesting that I was a mix of orange and lime green. I consider myself a little off center. I am definitely not a tried and true primary color. But, the more I listened to the others I wish I'd said I was a full box of 120 colors including the "surprise inside." Maybe it goes to my non-committal nature, but isn't it great to think of yourself as capable of any color? No matter how we grew up, what we were taught, who we grew up with, or where we are now in our lives, we are capable of anything. I can be a cheery yellow, girly-girl pink, steamin' mad red, cool blue, anything....it's all up to me.

So, what color are you? Think about it. Having trouble? There are more than 500 color-related quizes available on Facebook. Then, think about what color you want to be...the possibilities are endless.

**********************
For extra color fun, check out the Crayola website where you'll find a color quiz, a color chronography, and other fun color stuff. And, no, I don't work for Crayola.

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing! And yes you are the full box of 120 colors (+ crayon sharpener).

    ReplyDelete