August 10, 2010

Muggles for Harry!

Sporting HP 3D glasses
A fact about me...I pride myself on my personal library. I love the classics, literary award winners, those professional and intellectual challenges that make my brain hurt. I have belonged to book groups filled with intellects and love any opportunity to analyze the meaning and literary devices used in a book. Now you know -- I am a book snob.

But, can I tell you a secret? (Just between us friends, right?) In the margins of my vast snobby book list you'll also find a little heart around the name Harry and my new title Mrs. Jacob Werewolf written in bubble letters. Okay, I admit it, I love Harry Potter and Twilight. Between my bouts of shame I can be found cheering on Harry and his friends and their unendless acts of bravery or gasping at the thought of Jacob and his six-pack. And, yes, I know Jacob is underage...so, arrest me...in jail I'll have more time to read.

It has taken me years to become a Harry-loving muggle. In my own defense, I did try on a little Harry way back when and I couldn't get through the first book. Ugh! It was so frustrating -- Harry was constantly getting himself into trouble and NEVER asked for help from an adult. Dumbledore is the best...if I was Harry I'd be in his office daily. He can solve all of your problems and provide a little magical pick-me-up to get you through the day. And, yes, I get that the trouble is the whole point. But, good-gravy, he's only 10 and he's defying death!

As for Twilight, it took me a long time to jump into this series and then longer still to admit I read it. Then, even longer still to admit that I was envisioning myself as the wife of a werewolf and wondering what our children would look like. And, then to admit that I actually gasped seeing Jacob on-screen with his wolfy man-body. Okay, okay...too much info.

So, now I've come clean on all counts. Well, at least I've been honest about my literary laundry list of licentiousness. Oh, I love that word (and, double points for the alliteration). Yes, I'm a nerd.

And, now I'm wondering...what do you have to come clean about? Maybe you match your socks and underwear? You crave time with re-runs of Bevis and Butt-head? Come on, let it out...we won't tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment