January 2, 2010

A big year behind us. A big year ahead of us.

Finished. Over. Done. The End. December 31...the last day of the year. Time for reflection, regrets, and "should have done's." There's no turning back...no do-overs. What have I done with my year? What should I have done with these 365 days?

It's been just over 24 hours since last year. The difference in me--in my outlook--makes those hours seem like a completely different century. My family arrived home about 12:45am after a nice evening with friends welcoming in the new year. I started this post about 10:30pm and my focus was the regrets...The first five words speak well to my feelings at the "end" of 2009.

Yesterday was the last day of my job. It was a temporary job, I was more of a place marker, a holder. I was helping out while I finished my last semester of class-time. I knew this; I just didn't realize how much I would love it. It was harder to walk away than I imagined. So, yesterday I was focusing on the end of something great.

That--was yesterday. Today is the first day...a new beginning, a fresh start. The beginning of a new year. Thankfully, I am an old person and wasn't able to stay awake long enough to post the "negative nancy-ness" I would have said yesterday. This morning I was a much different person. I now have a clear head...well, as clear as my head can ever get.

This has been an incredible year of challenges, excitement, fulfillment, and amazing personal growth. My heart and mind have been stretched beyond anything I could have imagined.

So, cheers to a new and exciting year. Here's to moving forward, to blessings and happiness in 2010. This new year--the year I get my teaching license; the year I get my life back; the year I get my family back; the year I start paying off my student loans...oh, wait...that's not a positive thing. But, there are plenty of other positive things. I am truly blessed and look forward to an incredible new year.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your success with us Sara! I'm so happy you are looking at the your "ends" and "beginnings" with joy and thoughtfulness. Congrats on facing the final run with school!!! Wow! Your teaching license!!! I'm SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! :) :) :)....and yes, paying back student loans SUCK!!! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just caught up on the last couple of blogs I missed. Wow! The power your words have over me is amazing. While reading I felt like laughing, crying, yelling and much more. In the end it left a big smile on my face (which I needed right now). I truly love you and hope you know that. Make sure to keep writing because I know there are others out there that feel the same.

    ReplyDelete